Not the "Big Tour-Type?" Never more than 10 to 16 Guests, Guaranteed.
world-class, true Small-Group Italy
What's Included in Italy's Great Cities Tour' Small Group Tour Package?
We've tried to include everything on our Guaranteed Departures ~
However, make note the following items are not included:
- Because many of our guests arrive both from the airport, train station and self-arrival, an Optional Venice Arrival Experience is offered. This is a delightful way to arrive Venice by leaving "the world in your dust" as you board our boat across the Lagoon of Venice. Our Stunning Arrival Experience into Venice San Marco! Enjoy our Meet & Greet by QueensLander® Representative, included shuttle transfer from the airport to the airport boat dock where you will board our private water taxi across the bay of Venice. This hosted experience is the perfect way to arrive Venice and includes all gratuities. Imagine yourself on the Lagoon of Venice with service right to our Deluxe Hotel's backdoor entrance from the canal. Portage begins at the boat. Rate is $134 per person, 2 guest minimum from Venice Airport or Train Station across the Lagoon. Departure Transfers from Rome Hotel to Rome Airport are $69/person, 2 guest minimum.
You are met by our Tour Representative at the airport and transfer to the airport boat dock where you will board and enjoy our Arrival Experience and boat across the Bay of Venice direct to our hotel. Cost is $134 per person, minimum two (2) guests. Please inquire with reservations.
Departure Transfers in Rome: $69 per person, Rome Hotel to Airport, minimum two (2) guests.
- Lunch - Our Tour Captains and Guides will offer great, affordable suggestions for delicious lunches everyday.
One lunch experience is included at our wine estate in Tuscany ~ Castello della Paneretta or Villa Dievole.
- 5 Incredibly Unique Dinners at Real Restaurants are included, 3 are not: We want you to have some time to explore on your own if you want. However, do know our Tour Captains will invite you to join them to unique restaurants each and every night.
- Airfare is not included.
- Trip Interruption and Cancellation Insurance is not included. We highly recommend Travelex-Insurance.com to protect your vacation. Remember, you are responsible to arrive at the point of your small group Italy tour origination. If you are delayed for any reason, your vacation may be at risk even if QueensLander made your airfare arrangements. Airfare is a completely separate booking from your Italian land tour vacation. You can cancel your vacation with a 100% refund up to 90 days prior to departure. Within 90 days you will begin receiving penalties per the terms of the Tour Application should you have to cancel.
That's it ~ everything else excluding personal item purchases is included. Read on below for all of the inclusions to this small group tour of Italy:
QueensLander's Unique Walking Tour Experience
We do walk on our small group tours of Italy. We walk a lot, but it's unhurried and there are ample opportunities to sit and relax. But you must be physically capable of walking and experiencing the many stairs of Italy. Please inquire with QueensLander Reservations for more details.
• Venice: Private guided commentary through St. Mark's Square, the Byzantine Basilica, Admission to Doges' Palace and the Bridge of Sighs (prison). Welcome Dinner.
• Gondola Ride with Professional Musicians
• 1st Class Reserved Seats on the EuroStar to Florence (should TrenoItalia be striking we will utilize our mini-motorcoach)
• Venice to Florence Magic Bag Transport
• Bag Portage Service throughout tour
• Renaissance Florence: Walking Tour, The Baptistry, Signoria Square, Admission to Santa Croce Basilica, Admission to the Galleria dell' Accademia to see Michelangelo's David and the other magnificent works of art
• Welcome Dinner first night in each city or town
• San Gimignano: Orientation Walk and Free Time, Taste of the San Gimignano White Wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano
• Cortona: Welcome Dinner, Orientation Walk and Free Time
• Saint Frances' Assisi: Guided tour of the town and Basilica: the mystic city of St. Francis surrounded by ancient walls lays on top of the green slopes of Mount Subasio. Its rose-stone buildings complemented by winding narrow streets, palaces, balconies with blooming flowers will hold you spellbound. You will have a visit of the Basilica of St. Francis, with the masterpieces of Giotto and Cimabue.
• Heart of The Empire, Rome: Roman Forum, Admission and guided commentary with QueensLander local guide to the Colosseum and Circus Maximus, Admission to St. Peter's Basilica (if available by Pope) and the Sistine Chapel (If available by Pope). Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona.
• Sightseeing per itinerary with professionally driven, air-conditioned motorcoach (half-motorcoach - 20 passenger vehicle or less based on tour group size) and 1st Class Rail travel (not all itineraries utilize the Rail travel)
• Services of English-speaking, service-driven Tour Captain throughout tour.
• Services of QueensLander's English-speaking local guides - professional, certified Italian guides.
• Admission and Entrance Fees per itinerary - you go inside with QueensLander Tours and No Long Lines.
• Welcome Dinner and Farewell Celebration & Feast - total of 5 dinners with wine and gratuities included.
• Arrival and departure transfers are NOT included but may be set up with QueensLander Reservations. Arrival Transfer Venice is $129 per person (minimum 2 passengers). Departure transfer Rome to Rome Airport is $69 per person (minimum 2 passengers).
Our small group Italy tour hotels feature historical architecture with all the amenities you'd come to expect from 5-star luxury Italian hotles. The properties are located in the heart of the Italian cities, towns and villages. We proudly feature the following Italy tour hotels which have been personally inspected for quality and standard. On very rare occasion, we may substitute any Italian hotel for an Italy tour property of equal or greater quality and standard.
OUR DELUXE HOTELS
- Venice: 2 Nights Hotel Saturnia & International, 4-STAR
- Florence: 2 Nights 5-STAR LUXURY Hotel Helvetia & Bristol in Florence
- Rome: 3 Nights 5-STAR LUXURY Grand Hotel de la Minerve
- Tuscany Region: 1 Night Villa Marsili in Cortona. Departures in November through February will use Hotel Italia, Cortona.
- Twin-bedded rooms with private bathroom facilities.
- Porterage of one (1) piece of luggage.
- All hotel service charges, baggage handling fees and local taxes included.
- Meals Included: All Breakfasts, 5 Dinners with regional Wines at real restaurants in the cities and towns of your true small group tour to Italy. No set menus, freedom of choice.
- Tour Captain, local QueensLander guides, QueensLander arranged Dining Staff and Hotel Porter: Included.
- Motorcoach Driver: Gratuities included. You may tip more at your discretion.
- Room Steward and Wait Staff (while dining on your own): At your discretion. (not included in tour package).
OUR CLASSIC BUDGET HOTELS
included (effective 2012).
What Really Sets our small group Italy tour apart from the rest? Simply...
A small, friendly group of 6 to 16 travelers.
OUR HOTELS & LOCATIONS
Our Hotels truly are in the very hearts of the cities, towns and villages - compare with mainstream companies and you'll see we mean what we say.
FIRST TIME TO ITALY?
Compare our Small Group Tours with
tour operators and see the difference a True Small-Group® Tour from QueensLander® will make...
(( read more ))
Real Traveler Reviews
Finding the Right Tour Adventure can be challenging. We've taken the work out of it!
About Hotels Featured in QueensLander's Italy's Great Cities Tour ~
QueensLander’s hotel and villa properties are centuries old structures, palaces, villas, and estates that feature uniquely designed rooms and hotel floor plans. Each hotel or villa will feature rooms that differ in size and characteristic on your small group tour to Italy. They have been inspected by our program director and meet our property standards. Some rooms will feature views of traditional Italian rooftops and outer and inner courtyards, while others may have views of distant landscapes and piazzas. Each room features a private bathroom with shower. Each room is assigned by the hotel staff.
Our philosophy: included, organized and ready to travel!
Extend your Italian Vacation!
Enchanted Amalfi Coast Post-Tour
4 Days, 3 Nights Or More
Consider Adding the
Enchanted Amalfi Coast Extension. Our Most Popular Extension. Discover the beauty that is the Amalfi Coast with Positano, Amalfi and Sorrento on this most popular extension to the Great Cities Tour. Breathtaking!
Cinque Terre Pre-Tour
4 Days, 3 Nights Or More
~ The truly undiscovered Italian Cinque Terre (five lands) boasts territory that few make it to!
Lake Como Pre-Tour
4 Days, 3 Nights Or More
~ Lake Como, Bellagio, Maggiore and more await you in the north of Italy!
4 Days, 3 Nights Or More
~ Palermo, Messina and so much more await you in Sicily!